Saturday, July 24, 2004

SO THIS IS GOODBYE

I realized that I am slowly being burned out with the kind of work I'm doing...For eight months, I find myself handling almost a hundred calls everyday, some are good, some are worth to be remembered and cherished,and some I just have to forget.But some calls will still make me smile everytime I remember them,most especially those bloopers I made that drives the QA people crazy....The prankies, I will reli miss them.Eventhough how much irritated I am everytime they call,I know they've been a part of my so called call center experience.Most especially the kids,the like of Angelika and the prankies call center company,I will always remember them esp everytime I see a phone booth on a corner with kids playing on it.I cant help but remember them.The irate callers that i was able to pacify and i dont have to escalate.Those irate callers that are mad on the start of conversation but at the end of the call still manage to thank me after assuring them that I will do some action for their complaints.On the other hand, the Irate callers that I have escalated will also be remembered,they will be remembered bec they insult me, curse me and push me to to be a better CSR.I thank them because every Irate caller I handle,made my call center experience worthwhile and challenging at the same time.Its them that add variety and color to my monotonous call center life.The maangas callers from makati areas, the elite people,Baron Geisler and Jackie Forster, the foreigners who twisted my tongue and force me to speak in American twang,I will always recall how I manage to level myself with them naks..I will miss CJ, that girl who arouse every guy in the floor because of her seductive voice.That girl who once threaten me that she will drop by in Vertex and tell my supervisor to fire me because Im extremely mean to her.CJ if you will be able to read this I will surely miss you,too bad I wont able to lick and taste ur...secret hehe.I will miss callers I handled from Cebu and the Visayas area, their kanangs and their forced Tagalog speaking tongue will surely be a music to my ear now .I really do appreciate them bec they are so polite unlike callers from urban areas.They(visayas) will always try to reach out for a Tagalog CSR, (though I think sometimes we can be too intimidating to them),always been malambing, eventhough it takes years for Globe to repair their phone and lastly I never felt so respected everytime they call me Sir.I will never forget that.
I finally decided to quit.Nothing and noone can change my decision now.Ive been thinking of it for how many days.I will not renew my contract.
I know I will really miss Vertex, most especially the people I worked with.My batchmates, Sandy, Rohnell, Louie and Rochelle.And those friends I have from the other batches and other acct like GHP and Alorica.Too bad they are too many cant mention them here.I will miss them.I will miss my adorable and patient TLs Miss dofe, Miss Marj, Miss Jacqui, Sir Onin, Sir Jeff and Sir Clint,they have been part of being the better person that Iam now.And the Qa people and people from other dept will surely be remembered.As much as I want to cling on the friendship I have with them,I think its also time to give time for myself, to think, to reflect, to reevaluate my life.This is the time that I give time for my family,my friends, my nanay most especially.Some people may whine and give rants that working in a call center is boring,no social life, will destroy your body clock, will make u less competitive, I dont care, because I believe my experience is all worth it,I live it to the fullest and the people I worked with and the callers I talked to are real people and great people that i will never forget.
These and thousand things will be remembered,I know Vertex has contributed a lot for who I am right now.And I will be forever grateful with that.

No comments: